3M Primer 94 is widely used as a base for high strength bonding of self-adhesive films (even automotive) and double-sided tapes to different materials: acrylic, wood, glass, metal, painted metal surfaces. Sometimes Primer 94 is the only solution for low surface energy materials as polyethylene, polypropylene, ABS, stainless steel. It dramatically increases the bonding strength and the durability of all self-adhesive materials.
3M Primer 94 is actually a highly aggressive adhesive in liquid form, which is absorbed in the micropores of the material. Actually, it increases the contact area from 5 to 50 times, depending on the type of surface. Primer 94 increases the adhesion of all double-sided tapes, one-sided tapes, graphics, and vinyl films.
It is used for mounting details (including automotive) where it needed an additional strength of adhesion. Using Primer 94 is recommended for deep curves – 3D curvatures, concave or protruding parts, in order to promote adhesion of car film to the paint.
It can be applied with a brush, a small piece of cloth, or a special primer pen. In this area, where is applied primer, the bond between the film and the surface is very strong and difficult to peel off.
Pay attention to 3M Primer 94 decreases the repositionability of self-adhesive films on the initial contact to car paint.
- automotive graphics and detailing
- car side moldings
- signs and channel letters
- industrial applications
- easy to apply
- a perfect base for vinyl films wrapping
- high strength bonding
- fast action
The bonding surface must be relatively cleaned with a 50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol and water mixture. After that you must dry the surfaces using a clean cloth.
1. Shake 3M Primer 94 well before using
2. Apply a thin uniform coating to the bonding surface using the minimum amount of primer.
3. Allow 3M Primer 94 to dry before applying tape or film. This is usually accomplished in 5 minutes at room temperature. Thicker double-sided tapes can be bonded even if the surface is still wet.
4. Porous surfaces may require 2 applications of 3M Primer 94 for uniform coverage and good adhesion. Allow the first application of primer to dry before applying the second coat.
Clean up spots of Primer 94: using special designed 3M aerosol adhesive remover.