3M PTFE Film Tape 5490 uses an extruded polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film backing. Its thicker backing helps extend the service life over thinner versions when subjected to abrasion and wear, and has a high strength and abrasion resistance that ensures reliability and performance to reduce friction, rattle and machinery noise. The tape works with a wide temperature range to perform well on heated machinery and equipment.
3M PTFE Film Tape 5490 offers an extremely low coefficient of friction which, in combination with a pressure sensitive silicone adhesive, creates a smooth, non-stick surface over a variety of substrates to assist in the movement of materials in many types of lay-flat applications.
- Non-stick PTFE film provides an exceptionally slick surface for easy clean-up
- Get a high strength and abrasion resistance
- Wide temperature range -54°C to 260°C
- Thicker backing helps extend the service life
- High strength and abrasion resistance ensures reliability and performance to reduce friction, rattle and machinery noise
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Available in a wide selection of widths for custom processes
- Use for heated machinery and equipment
- Shielding and protecting against chemicals
- High temperature wire bundling and harnessing
- Lining of chutes, toughs and ducts
- Roll-wrap for web processing, belts and plates where sticky materials and inks may occur